“Slugging“ - Decoding the New Buzz Word !
1. It’s a Korean skincare trend which occludes the skin with products like Vasaline or face oil, to lock-in the moisture.
2. The basic underlying principal is to reduce Transepidermal water loss(TEWL) i.e skin losing its water to the atmosphere, which is the maximum during night. Prevention of TEWL can help immensely with dehydrated & dry skin.
3. The idea is to cleanse the skin, layer the recommended skin care in order from thin to thick. Finally occlude with Vasaline or face oil.
4. A miniscule amount of oil or Vasaline should be applied, so as not to suffocate the skin.
5. Not recommended for oily or acne prone skin.